MUPO: Mono GT1 + Caliber22 per Tracer 2018 by Monster

Ammortizzatori, pinze freno, gomme, ecc... Il collegamento fra noi e l'asfalto.
Monster
Nome: Alessandro
MT-09: ABS, Matt Grey
Moto posseduta: Tracer 900 MY2018 ABS

Re: MUPO: Mono GT1 + Caliber22 per Tracer 2018 by Monster

Messaggio da Monster » 09 lug 2018, 18:45

Pietro ha scritto:
09 lug 2018, 17:55
@Monster
Controlla bene che viaggiando in coppia, il manettino non tocchi il parafaghimo/forcellone.
Io in quella posizione ho il serbatoio separato (AB2) ed ho dovuto mettere un distanziale per spostarlo all’esterno.
Grazie per l'imbeccata ;)

Ho già fatto un controllo statico e una prova dinamica (da solo) e per ora non tocca nulla.
Non ho ancora provato in due ma ci starò attento.

Mi sembra comunque che per arrivare a toccare, il forcellone debba fare una grossa escursione. Direi fuori dal normale.
Comunque meglio aver paura che buscarne, quindi ci controllo appena capita occasione e vi farò sapere così da avere l'nformazione anche per gli altri :thumbup:

capelo
Nome: Francisco
Moto posseduta: Tracer 900 GT

Messaggio da capelo » 25 nov 2020, 17:06

Hi @Monster, @Agulx, All,

Sorry for digging this thread with more than 2 years and coming to you guys in English, but I'm not able to write italian neither to find proper data about these cartrigdes outside Italy.

I've a Tracer 900GT and just bought some Caliber 22 that came also with a K8.5 + K9.5 springs (that seems to me low, as I've 90Kg without gear + clothes). I did not installed them yet as I'm waiting for the rear shock (a Wilbers 641 Competition) that should arrive next week to replace everything at once.

Based on your experience, can you please refer at the end, which oil level had you put to get it optimal for road use? I'm not going to enter any circuit, I use my Tracer as everyday vehicle, so I pretend to keep some comfort.

Should I go with Mupo recommended 130mm, or reduce the air gap to 125, 120, 110 (or other)? As I've already saw the several possibilities, would like to understand which do you advise.

Also, very grateful for any other advise that you think that I should take when to install / adjust the cartridges.

Very appreciated, and greetings from Portugal.

Monster
Nome: Alessandro
MT-09: ABS, Matt Grey
Moto posseduta: Tracer 900 MY2018 ABS

Messaggio da Monster » 26 nov 2020, 11:05

capelo ha scritto:
25 nov 2020, 17:06
Hi @Monster, @Agulx, All,

Sorry for digging this thread with more than 2 years and coming to you guys in English, but I'm not able to write italian neither to find proper data about these cartrigdes outside Italy.

I've a Tracer 900GT and just bought some Caliber 22 that came also with a K8.5 + K9.5 springs (that seems to me low, as I've 90Kg without gear + clothes). I did not installed them yet as I'm waiting for the rear shock (a Wilbers 641 Competition) that should arrive next week to replace everything at once.

Based on your experience, can you please refer at the end, which oil level had you put to get it optimal for road use? I'm not going to enter any circuit, I use my Tracer as everyday vehicle, so I pretend to keep some comfort.

Should I go with Mupo recommended 130mm, or reduce the air gap to 125, 120, 110 (or other)? As I've already saw the several possibilities, would like to understand which do you advise.

Also, very grateful for any other advise that you think that I should take when to install / adjust the cartridges.

I' have the same spring but I have reduced the air gap to 120mm. I've 105 Kg and for the moment it's good for me.

Agulx
Nome: Andrea
Moto posseduta: MT-09 Tracer my 2016

Messaggio da Agulx » 26 nov 2020, 11:20

capelo ha scritto:Hi @Monster, @Agulx, All,

Hi Francisco and welcome.
To be honest I changed a little bit just Mupo's suggested settings but I maintained the oil level indicated in their installation instructions.
Actually I'm happy about the final result and I've never need to investigate further improvements got through an oil level change. I'll check for you the value once went back home since I'm not sure about it...

Inviato dal mio LLD-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk

A piedi cammino. In macchina viaggio. In moto sogno.
(Anonimo)

capelo

Messaggio da capelo » 26 nov 2020, 11:39

Monster ha scritto:
26 nov 2020, 11:05
I' have the same spring but I have reduced the air gap to 120mm. I've 105 Kg and for the moment it's good for me.
Hi Alessandro, thank you for the feedback.
And do you use a lot of preload or not needed? Have you anytime reached the bottom of the forks?
Just trying to compare with your values - you have more 15Kg than me, so maybe I should stay with the 130mm to not make the bike too harsh...
Or making the question other way, what took you to increase the oil level, instead of just increasing preload?

Also, with these cartridges do you feel the bike too "sporty" or it copes well with the road and it's comfortable to road use?
Ultima modifica di capelo il 26 nov 2020, 11:47, modificato 1 volta in totale.

capelo

Messaggio da capelo » 26 nov 2020, 11:45

Agulx ha scritto:
26 nov 2020, 11:20
Hi Francisco and welcome.
To be honest I changed a little bit just Mupo's suggested settings but I maintained the oil level indicated in their installation instructions.
Actually I'm happy about the final result and I've never need to investigate further improvements got through an oil level change. I'll check for you the value once went back home since I'm not sure about it...
Hi Andrea, appreciate your feedback and help.
Could I ask how much do you weight? I'm just trying to compare those values with me.
And how much preload do you use? The recommended 2mm gave you the right SAG or you had to add more?

And with the 130mm you've never reached the bottom of the forks? That's what worries me, if on an emergency brake, hitting hard, it goes until the end of the course. And a little bit more oil could help avoid that.

Again, thank you for the help. ;)

Agulx
Nome: Andrea
Moto posseduta: MT-09 Tracer my 2016

Messaggio da Agulx » 26 nov 2020, 20:01

Hi! I'm 78 kg naked. 130 mm for oil level and 2 mm for preload suggested by Mupo for forks. I basically kept such setting, just descreasing of 1/4 the preload and opening hydraulics with a couple of clicks.
Well I don't ride very aggressively my bike, even if I like certailny a sporty approach in mountain passes and when streets let me go. But honestly I've never arrived at forks end with such setting, neither when trying to squeeze the front brake in my hands.
I suggest you to start with Mupo's setting and check sags. Correct then the front preload by using and electric band applied on one fork side and having a ride; do some stop as during emergency braking. Then check the band to verify where you arrived and correct the preload to use all the excursion.
After setting the preloads, pass to hydraulics and patiently find the best n of clicks for your guide.
Lamps

Inviato dal mio LLD-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk

A piedi cammino. In macchina viaggio. In moto sogno.
(Anonimo)

Rispondi